Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Magical Mystery Tour


For your entertainment, I present this updated virtual tour of the interior of The Minnie House, created in Live Interior 3D Pro on the Mac Book Pro. The movie was assembled using iMovie, and an HD version can be found here. The soundtrack music is Staralfur by the wonderful Icelandic band Sigur Ros.

I was able to import much of my own furniture thanks to Google Sketch-Up - for example, all of the Eames pieces, the George Nelson bench and table, the Blue Dot coffee table, and the Case Study bed. The art work features several of my photos, a copper and wood piece by the artist San Francisco Amanda Lyn (in the bedroom), a colorful abstract by Pacifica artist Emily Dysinger (in the living room), and my big bright colorful poster of Joan Miro's big bright colorful L'oiseau au plumage deploye vole vers l'arbre argente.

The finishes are fairly accurate, and the views from each window are pretty good representations of the real thing, so I'm confident that the finished house will be a thing of beauty.

No comments: