Saturday, June 26, 2010

D-Fence! D-Fence!

Being rather offense-oriented, I've never been this excited about d-fence before. But there it is - a shiny steel cyclone fence to protect my mound of brown gold dust. It's starting to look like a building site out there, and for the first time in my life, when I say that it's actually a good thing.


Yesterday's progress consisted of moving (most of) the big pile of dirt from the building pad to the street, excavating the 50' long retaining wall, and beginning to excavate the grade beams. On Monday the excavation should finish, the drill should arrive, and the drilling of the piers should begin (hmm, that's a lot of 'should'!). Hoping to see the steel cages go into the piers in the coming week, and maybe even to get the concrete poured for the piers and grade beams. Exciting times!

Before I go, here's a bonus picture from the neighbor's garden across the street.

No comments: